The Surabaya International School Community is committed to developing the social, emotional, physical, creative, and intellectual abilities necessary for its students to become reasoning, responsible, contributing, successful members of our global community.
Expected School-wide Learning Results (ESLR)
SIS prepares students to become inquisitive and successful learners who strive for excellence.
- be aware of and able to use a variety of learning skills.
- utilize appropriate technology.
- develop a broad foundation of knowledge.
SIS prepares students to become effective and creative communicators.
- clearly express and present ideas using a variety of skills, technology, and media.
- listen actively and respectfully.
- read critically.
- write skillfully.
- speak clearly.
SIS prepares students to become critical thinkers who solve problems effectively.
- collect, organize, analyze, evaluate and integrate information.
- apply knowledge and skills to new situations.
- inquire about and consider alternative possibilities.
- show informed intellectual flexibility.
SIS prepares students to become contributing and collaborative citizens of the global community.
- exchange ideas with others.
- show empathy.
- encourage inclusion of thoughts, people, and cultures.
- engage constructively in community and environmental issues.
SIS prepares students to become responsible and healthy individuals.
- set goals and work towards achieving them.
- persevere in the face of obstacles.
- make ethical choices based upon evidence.
- manage personal resources and commitments effectively.